About Our Parish
Kimisis tis Theotokou Greek Orthodox Church was established in 1923 in the City of Poughkeepsie by a community of Greek immigrants. Our parish was established in a small building on Academy Street and served as the spiritual home for the Orthodox community in Poughkeepsie and the Mid-Hudson Valley.
In 1969, we built our current church and cultural center on South Grand Avenue to accomodate our growing community. Around this time our community started our summer Greek Festival which has become an annual tradition for Poughkeepsie and the Hudson Valley.
We are a parish of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America in the Direct Archdiocesan District (New York Metropolis). Our services are offered in both English and Greek, and we welcome all to worship with us. Additionally, our parish offers many ministries for both youth and adults.
Since its inception our parish has grown significantly. It continues to strive to bear more effective witness to the Gospel of Jesus Christ, as expressed in the apostolic tradition and worship of the Greek Orthodox church. We invite you to also participate in this witness by joining the worship and fellowship of our parish.